Thursday, March 14, 2013

Giving a Presentation



 
Ideas group (2010)

 

Giving a presentation is an important skill and public speaking skills are very useful in many aspects of work and life. Effective presentations and public speaking skills are important in business, sales and selling, training, teaching, lecturing and generally entertaining an audience. Presentation is not only in the academic life but also in the future occupation. And it was the first time to give a presentation in English.

 Before beginning my presentation I geared up my talking and my slides. This made me convinced towards what I am going to talk about even though I felt a bit worried.

 At the beginning, I introduced myself and the subject I was going to talk about. This was a good start as my tutor said the limitation of the time I put to my topic is an excellent skill. My speaking was clear and confident with a procedure of general vocabulary. The University of Kent (2013) suggested that the lecturer should speak clearly with confidence as this makes them sound in control. Also, I made my presentations looks professional.

In the end, while it was a new experience for me, I have done my presentation so well, for future I have experience of how giving a presentation feeling like I will not be worried again. With the lecture and the good habit of all the above instructions will make the presentation level improved.

 
Bibliography

Ideas group (2010) More effort needed to make presentations in the Middle East inspiring [Online]. Available at http://ideasgrp.com/blog/presentation-skills (Accessed: 14 March 2013).

University of Kent (2013) Tips on Making Presentation. Available at:
http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/presentationskills.htm (Accessed: 14 March 2013).



 

 

 


 


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment